Dermaplaning is a form of physical exfoliation using a surgical blade that removes layers of dead skin cells and vellus hairs (peach fuzz). Although you can dermaplane every 2 weeks, we strongly recommend a full 4 weeks for best results.
- Diminish the look of fine lines
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars
- Triggers cell regeneration
- Even out skin tone
- Smooths skin texture
- Helps products penetrate further into the skin increasing their efficacy.
- Especially effective on dry/mature/aging skin
- Pregnancy and lactating safe
- Removes facial hair (hair does not grow back thicker)
- Although rare, small cuts or nicks can occur in treatment
- Thick facial hair
- Allergy to metal scalpel
- Inflamed acne lesions
- Cannot be taking Accutane
- Discontinue use of prescription retinol the week before
- Active cold sores
- Open skin lesions
- Skin cancer
Post Treatment Care
- Redness and dryness can occur and can last up to 24hours.
- Discontinue use of any prescription retinol or AHA products for 72 hours after treatment.
- Do not scratch or peel flaky skin.Use sunscreen daily! Avoid direct sun, excessive heat and intense exercise.
- Use hydrating reparative products to encourage new healthy cell growth.
- Products such as Ormedic Antioxidant Serum, Max Stem Cell Serum and Vital C Hydrating Anti-Aging Serum.
- Drink plenty of water.