What Type of wax do you use?
Bare Necessity Wax & Spa uses a special European blend of low temperature hard waxes that are enriched with several active ingredients guaranteeing maximum effectiveness in the removal of all unwanted hair. Our wax not only leaves the skin soft and glowing but its shrink wrap technology eliminates pulling of the skin making the procedure much less painful than traditional wax methods. As we aim to win over the hearts of our clients with our quality service, we also know how important it is to use only the highest quality products we can find, especially in those oh so delicate areas such as the face, underarms and bikini.
How long does the hair need to be?
The hair needs to be about 1/2 an inch in length. On average give yourself between 7 to 9 days after your last shave to be sure the hair is long enough.
Can the hair be too long?
If the hair is longer than 1/2 inch it can pull a little more and make it slightly more uncomfortable. We recommend trimming the hair before your appointment. The best way to trim the hair is by using a comb as your guide, comb the hair upwards and use scissors or clippers to trim off the hair that sticks out above the comb.
Can the hair be too short?
If the hair is shorter than 1/4 inch the wax will not be able to get the hair. We recommend waiting a few more days to let the hair grow a little longer.
How often do I need to get waxed?
For facial waxing services, you should be getting waxed every 2 to 3 weeks. For all other body waxing services, you should be coming in every 3 to 4 weeks.
Can I get a brazilian wax when I am on my period?
Yes you can, however, keep in mind you are more sensitive prior to your period, so try to avoid coming in right before your cycle begins. If you come in during your cycle we just ask that you wear a tampon.
How can I prepare for my waxing appointment?
- Avoid using any body lotions, make-up, or oils prior to your hair removal service
- Exfoliate the day of your appointment
- NO sun exposure 24 hours before and after any hair removal service.
- You can take a pain reliever/anti-inﬂammatory (like Ibuprofen) 30 mins before
- You can also purchase “Prelude” our pre-wax serum that helps numb the skin apply 30 min before
Do I have to do anything after my waxing?
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 24 hours!
- Use “Flawless” our ingrown hair serum daily
- Wait 48 hours to begin exfoliating again
- Moisturize daily and exfoliate 2-3 times a week!