Waxing removes hair by the root. Hair will grow back slower and finer than other hair removal techniques like shaving.A low temperature wax is applied to the skin and is removed by the wax itself effectively removing the hair. Depending on the area, you can get waxed every 2-4 weeks.
- Retin-A or prescribed acne medication: Discontinue 7 days prior to treatment (please inform your technician so extra precautions can be taken)
- Exfoliate the area being waxed the day of your appointment
- Do not wear any heavy lotions or cremes prior to waxing
- Accutane: Time on and time off
- Must wait 7 days before and after any chemical peel or microdermabrasion to have any facial waxing service
- Consult with your doctor before waxing if you have Diabetes type 1 or Lupus
Areas with severe acne cannot be waxed.
- Sunburned,irritated areas,or open skin cannot be waxed.NO sun/bed tanning TWO days before or after waxing (Extra precaution should be taken if using tanning accelerators)
- Women may be extra sensitive up to a week prior to their cycle.
- NO Botox injections within the last 24 hours
- NO dermal-filler injections within the last seven days
- Waxing cannot be performed if you have had a physician administered peel within the past two years
- Applying Whish “Flawless” once daily helps improve the appearance of skin redness and helps minimize next day post wax bumping and ingrown hairs.
- Wait to exfoliate the skin 2-3 days after the procedure.
- Exfoliating regularly using exfoliating glove or Whish Sugar Scrub helps reduce ingrown hairs.
- If irritation should occur Calendula ointment to keep the area continually moist,avoiding infection and scabbing.
- Routine waxing helps the skin become accustomed to the procedure and will minimize irritation.
- No sun for 24 hours,after two days you may use sunscreen with (at least SPF 30) as your skin will be much more sensitive.
- Avoid heavy exercise or sweating for a minimum of 8 hrs following your appointment.
- No hot baths,hot tubs, steam rooms,or saunas for 24 hours after
- No chemical peels for one week after any facial waxing